Henry Lowendorf, Greater New Haven Peace Council
We who believe in peace have no choice. We must urgently act to press the new administration to change the current equation that the only road to good jobs is through mass murder.
Join the Connecticut Peace and Solidarity Coalition on Saturday, Jan. 9, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., in a free webinar featuring a variety of impressive viewpoints:
- Professor Richard Wolff offers the new Secretary of Labor: “How … to initiate conversion of a war economy to a peace-and-environmentally-responsible economy.”
- Danny Sjursen, moderator, provides us the urgent peace perspective of an Army officer and Iraqi war veteran, member of Veterans for Peace and AboutFace.
- Middletown Mayor Ben Florsheim addresses how the desperate needs of our cities can be met by transferring funds from the war budget.
- First-year college student and organizer of the New Haven Climate movement Adrian Huq describes why climate activists and youth must create a peacetime economy.
- Joe Jamison, labor and peace activist, explains how the nationwide Move the Money to Human Needs Campaign, which he coordinates, can move Congress to act.
Connecticut’s cities and towns are gasping for breath. Families don’t have food, are losing housing, lack health care. COVID-19 has made things worse. Water and sewage systems, streets and sidewalks, parks cannot be maintained. Are the only solutions to tax more, borrow, lay off, suspend pension payments?
- Not building one F-35 nuclear bomber would provide food for over 21,000 3-person families for one year.
- Not building one modern nuclear-missile sub would provide housing for over 29,000 families for one year.
- Not funding the new Space Force for 2021 would provide 2.2 million families with medical care for one year.
- Cutting Connecticut‘s annual IRS War Tax by half would provide 35 thousand infrastructure jobs for four years.
- Prof. Richard Wolff, Economist
- Danny Sjursen, Veterans For Peace leader, Moderator
- Ben Florsheim, Mayor Middletown, CT
- Adrian Huq New Haven Climate Movement Youth Activist
- Joe Jamison, Coordinator, Move the Money To Human Needs
- the Connecticut Peace & Solidarity Coalition
- Veterans For Peace 42 CT
- Greater New Haven Peace Council.
To register for this free webinar,
contact: Steve Krevisky at email@example.com