Petition to the New Haven Board of Alders: Support a Ceasefire in Gaza
At least 30,000 Palestinians have been murdered by Israel in the last 3 months, including more than 10,000 children.
This ongoing genocide is supported by US military and with your tax money. $69,076,862 of Connecticut residents’ federal tax dollars are given annually to Israel. New Haven alone supplies $1,838,975 per year.
We call on our alders to pass an emergency resolution calling for:
- an immediate and permanent ceasefire in Gaza and the West Bank
- unrestricted entry of immediate humanitarian aid into Gaza
- an end to US funding of the violence done by the Israeli military & illegal settlements
- release of all hostages including Palestinians arbitrarily detained by Israel
- immediate restoration of electricity, water, food and medical supplies to Gaza
- an end to the siege and blockade of Gaza
- reaffirming our Board of Alders’ commitment to combat anti-Palestinian and anti-Arab racism, antisemitism and Islamophobia in all forms, and to ensure the dignity and safety of all its residents
35+ CITIES AND TOWNS ACROSS THE COUNTRY HAVE CALLED FOR A CEASEFIRE – INCLUDING BRIDGEPORT, CT
NEW HAVEN: IT’S YOUR TURN!