by CCSU Youth for Socialist Action
“The Solution is Socialism” conference will be held at 105 Ella Grasso Blvd. in New Britain (Central CT State University campus) on Oct. 22 from 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Lunch will be served and the location is handicapped accessible. Please help us plan lunch and RSVP!
Call (203) 400-3246 or visit facebook.com/CCSUYSA.
It has never been clearer. Capitalism is the problem. It is a system built on inequality and exploitation, poverty for the vast majority of the world’s people, racism, sexism, homo-phobia, and the destruction of the planet’s life-sustaining natural systems. But what is the solution? Come to an educational conference organized around the conviction that we can build a socialist future managed and enriched by working class democracy, creativity and solidarity.
- Alix Shabazz: Freedom Inc., Movement for Black Lives Today
- David Kiely: Youth for Socialist Action, Capitalist Crisis & Revolutionary Socialist Strategy Today
- Hannah A. Holleman: Amherst College, Method in Ecological Marxism
- Charles Post: Borough of Manhattan Community College, Origins of US Capitalism
- Alan Sears: Ryerson University, Toronto, Marxism and LGBTQI Liberation
- Wendy Z. Goldman: Carnegie Mellon University, Women, the State, and Revolution
- Edmond Caldwell: Independent Scholar, The Revolutionary Culture of the Paris Commune
- Johnny E. Williams: Trinity College, The Carceral State as a Social Control and Profit-Making Agent
- Juan Cruz Ferre: Partido de los Trabajadores de Socialistas, The Left and Workers Front (FIT) Electoral Strategy and Victory in Argentina
- Student Representative: Movimiento Independista Nacional Hostosiano, The Fight Against Austerity in Puerto Rico
- Jeff Mackler: Socialist Action candidate for President
The conference is free. Donations are appreciated.