by Chris Schweitzer, Director, NHLSCP
Climate change effects us all, so let’s talk about what it means, how we’re feeling about it and ways to respond. Healthy City/Healthy Climate Challenge (HCC) invites you to hold a discussion this October as a way to support a wider response to this new challenge. HCC has organized great resources for holding discussions.
There are many different ways that you can support climate discussions:
- Organize a climate change talk at your organization or home.
- Promote online discussions and blogs.
- Watch and share videos (suggestions in our resource kit).
- Print and hang up the posters (provided in our resource kit).
- Create a series of Facebook posts related to climate change throughout October.
- Get speakers from environmental organizations to come talk (HCC can suggest possible ones).
- Participate in any of the HCC-sponsored climate change discussions this October (more details to follow).
Our resources include global warming videos, websites, articles, letters, visual tools, activity ideas, posters and graphics, so be sure to check them out! Let us know if you organize a discussion or have other ideas on how to engage people. We’re excited about this chance to get people talking…AND taking concrete steps to create a healthier future!
Contact Chris at email@example.com or (203) 562-1607.
New Haven/Leon Sister City Project works to promote social justice, education and sustainable development in Nicaragua and Connecticut. For more information see newhavenleon.org; www.facebook.com/newhavenleon; email firstname.lastname@example.org; or call (203) 562-1607.