Protect Our Care Regional Meeting, Wed., May 2
by Rev. Teran Loeppke, Protect Our Care CT
Please join us for a regional kick-off meeting about the Protect Our Care CT Campaign on Wednesday, May 2, 6-8 p.m. at the International Union of Operating Engineers, 1965 Dixwell Ave, Hamden. Learn about a new statewide campaign to take on the way our state deals with health care.
The Protect Our Care CT Campaign is reaching out to people like you across the state — exploring how we can work together to change the way our state’s elected leaders deal with the challenge of making sure every state resident has access to quality health care they can afford. We ALL need health care we can count on. Learn more about what’s at stake right now and discuss how to take action!
Our issue priorities:
- Preserve and strengthen the gains made by the Affordable Care Act, including protecting women’s health programs and essential health benefits;
- Restore and protect CT’s highly effective Medicaid program;
- Ensure affordability of prescription drugs and insurance;
- Explore new ways to expand coverage including a Medicaid Buy-in Option!
Our campaign goals:
- Build a diverse, educated, empowered group of health care activists in CT;
- Launch a nonpartisan Health Care Voter campaign to hold candidates accountable;
- Provide training and skill-building for health care activists.