U.S. Foreign Military Bases Must Be Closed
by Henry Lowendorf, Greater New Haven Peace Council
Statement from the Coalition Against U.S. Foreign Military Bases:
- The United States has around 1,000 military bases in more than 70 foreign countries.
- For far too long the U.S. has used these bases to assert their military might, drive foreign policy, and intimidate and provoke other nations.
- American military bases disrupt local economies and cause enormous environmental damage.
- Nuclear weapons and nuclear powered ships and subma-rines are unwelcome and expose locals to needless risk.
- Local citizens all over the world are working tirelessly to oppose the creation of new U.S. bases and to close those already in existence.
- Now is the time for the U.S. antiwar movement to coalesce and work in unity to dismantle U.S. military bases abroad.
Coalition Against U.S. Foreign Military Bases invites you to attend the Conference on U.S. Foreign Military Bases, Jan. 12-14, 2018, at the Learning Commons Town Hall, University of Baltimore, 1415 Maryland Ave., Baltimore, MD 21201. For more information and to register please contact: info@NoForeignBases.org or visit NoForeignBases.org.