Summer 2016 Entrepreneur Series at the NH Public Library, 133 Elm St., New Haven Wednesdays, Sept. 7, 14 and 21, 5:30-8 p.m.
These three workshops will teach participants how to build a recognizable brand, manage technology effectively and understand the intricacies of doing business with the Federal Government and the State of Connecticut.
September 7: Purple Marketing with Art Mollengarden
- Learn how to make your business become remarkable and stand out from the crowd.
- Understand your customers’ wants, needs, and demands… and how to satisfy them.
- Research and analyze what your competition is doing… through the eyes of your customers.
- Develop profitable pricing strategies.
September 14: Online Marketing with Vishu Rao
- Here’s the truth about marketing. Traditional print and media channels are not only expensive but also no longer effective. Google is the new Yellow pages and all your customers are hooked on social media networks like Face-book and Twitter. You might have invested a lot of time and effort in your website but still not getting enough sales.
- What you will get out of this session?
- A simple non-technical explanation of how to market your business on the web.
- An overview of how Google and other search engines work and strategies that you can follow to improve your web presence.
- Learn how to take advantage of the social media channels.
- Adopt new ways to be more productive and efficient in your day-to-day operations.
September 21: Doing Business with the State and Federal Governments with Lisa Powell
- This seminar will cover where you need to be registered in order to do business with the State of Connecticut and the Federal Government
- You will be shown the websites for locating federal bids of over $25,000 and the State’s bid portal where State and Municipal bids can be found.
- Also covered will be State and Federal Set-aside programs.
For further details call SCORE at (203) 865-7645. Refreshments provided by Subway.