Dear PAR contributors and potential contributors —
Readers want to know:
- What is the purpose of your organization?
- How are you building your group?
- What campaigns are you organizing?
- What events are you planning?
The deadline for the April Progressive Action Roundtable Newsletter is Sunday, March 20. Please send articles about your group’s recent and current activities and upcoming actions and events to email@example.com.
We are asking limit articles to 350 words. Be sure to indicate your name and organization as they should appear in your byline.
Please keep in mind that as layout space permits, we will include photos.
IMPORTANT: Don’t neglect to add your organization’s contact information such as phone number, e-mail address or website, so our readers can get more information about what your group is doing.
If you haven’t written recent articles for PAR, please include information about your group’s purpose. Do not use different fonts or sizes in your article.
About calendar items:
If you mention an event in an article, please also send a SEPARATE calendar announcement.
Please give street addresses for any events or meetings, even for “well-known” public buildings.
ALSO IMPORTANT: Please indicate whether your event location is wheelchair accessible.
You can also send us SAVE THE DATE items about future events, even if you do not yet have all the details in place.
The Newsletter will come out around Thursday, March 31. Please consider this when submitting calendar items.
Here are other suggestions about submitting copy to the PAR Newsletter:
- If you ask or encourage new groups to submit articles or calendar items to PAR, please give them a copy of these tips.
- Submit copy by e-mail, either as regular text or as an MS Word doc.
- If you are a first-time author for the PAR Newsletter, thank you! We hope you will subscribe and encourage others in your organization to do so.
- If you know of someone who wants to write an article but does not use e-mail, send an e-mail to us with that person’s name and phone number or call Paula at (203) 562-2798.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT INSERTS:
We prefer to carry articles and calendar listings rather than inserts. But if you have an insert to include in the Newsletter, we ask you to send the information contained in the flyer to this e-mail address as well so that it can be easily added to the PAR calendar.
Your organization must make and pay for the inserts. We will be able to handle only those inserts that are a full sheet (8.5 x 11) or half-sheet (8.5 x 5.5) of paper. We cannot accept postcards or cardstock flyers. There is a fee of $7 for inserts.
Please call Paula at (203) 562-2798 if you want an insert in the next newsletter.
E-mail us if you’d to join our monthly planning meetings or help with the mailings. We always welcome more helpers and new ideas!
Many thanks! We’re looking forward to your articles!
Thank you for your help in creating this community newsletter
To renew your own subscription or to buy a subscription for a friend, the rate is $13 for 10 issues. Please make the check out to PAR and mail it to PAR, P.O. Box 995, New Haven, CT 06504.